Re: spinlock held too long on reboot

From: Robert Watson <rwatson_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Sat, 23 May 2009 12:40:29 +0100 (BST)
On Sat, 23 May 2009, Stefan Bethke wrote:

> I've only seen this once.  If I should encounter it again, is there
> something you'd like me to look at?

I've now seen this twice, both times on SMP VMWare installations.  I theorized
that perhaps it was because one of the virtual CPUs wasn't time sliced for
over our spinlock wait threshold due to load in the host OS, but if it's also
being seen on real hardware it's presumably not that.

Robert N M Watson
Computer Laboratory
University of Cambridge