Re: Default Xen PVM console?

From: Ed Schouten <ed_at_80386.nl>
Date: Sun, 24 May 2009 11:14:36 +0200
* Adrian Chadd <adrian_at_freebsd.org> wrote:
> * Modify the xenconsole driver to attach to ttyv0 (via a kernel
> environment variable) so /etc/ttys doesn't need modifying (but this
> may confuse tools that assumes /dev/ttyvX == syscons.)

Please don't. Someone on IRC told me Xen also has some framebuffer
feature. Say, someone would port syscons to Xen, the naming would
conflict with the console device node. /dev/xc0 is good enough. I even
think it should have been called ttyx0, not xc0.

--
 Ed Schouten <ed_at_80386.nl>
 WWW: http://80386.nl/