Re: ZFS panic under extreme circumstances (2/3 disks corrupted)

From: Thomas Backman <serenity_at_exscape.org>
Date: Mon, 25 May 2009 11:13:31 +0200
On May 24, 2009, at 09:02 PM, Thomas Backman wrote:

> So, I was playing around with RAID-Z and self-healing...
Yet another follow-up to this.
It appears that all traces of errors vanish after a reboot. So, say
you have a dying disk; ZFS repairs the data for you, and you don't
notice (unless you check zpool status). Then you reboot, and there's
NO (easy?) way that I can tell to find out that something is wrong
with your hardware!

[root_at_clone ~]# zpool status test
   pool: test
  state: ONLINE
status: One or more devices has experienced an unrecoverable error.  An
	attempt was made to correct the error.  Applications are unaffected.
action: Determine if the device needs to be replaced, and clear the
errors
	using 'zpool clear' or replace the device with 'zpool replace'.
    see: http://www.sun.com/msg/ZFS-8000-9P
  scrub: scrub completed after 0h1m with 0 errors on Mon May 25
11:01:22 2009
config:

	NAME        STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM
	test        ONLINE       0     0     0
	  raidz1    ONLINE       0     0     0
	    da1     ONLINE       0     0     0
	    da2     ONLINE       0     0     1  64K repaired
	    da3     ONLINE       0     0     0

errors: No known data errors