RE: ACPI Panic on Current, AMD64

From: Moore, Robert <robert.moore_at_intel.com>
Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 07:47:35 -0700
This problem sounds familiar. In ACPICA, we found an issue where the _CRS returns an extended IRQ descriptor, but it gets optimized to an IRQNoFlags descriptor before the template is sent to _SRS. This causes problems on some machines. We fixed this and actually made a clarification to the ACPI specification that the _SRS template buffer must contain identical descriptors as returned from the _CRS template. This change was made in ACPICA version 20080213. BZ 9487 is the Linux sighting.

13 February 2008. Summary of changes for version 20080213:

Fixed a problem where resource descriptor size optimization could cause a
problem when a _CRS resource template is passed to a _SRS method. The _SRS
resource template must use the same descriptors (with the same size) as
returned from _CRS. This change affects the following resource descriptors:
IRQ / IRQNoFlags and StartDependendentFn / StartDependentFnNoPri. (BZ 9487)