Re: USB (internally fixed) card reader questions

From: Daniel Eischen <deischen_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Sat, 30 May 2009 09:56:12 -0400 (EDT)
On Sat, 30 May 2009, Hans Petter Selasky wrote:

> On Saturday 30 May 2009, Harald Schmalzbauer wrote:
>> Hans Petter Selasky schrieb am 30.05.2009 11:52 (localtime):
>>
>>> There has been a lot of changes with regard to the interaction between
>>> HAL and USB recently. Maybe you need to recompile hald?
>>
>> It's only one or two weeks old, but if you say that others have it
>> working I'll try that.
>>
>>> Using usbconfig reset is Ok.
>>

> If recompiling hald and checking that libusb is up to date,
> see /usr/src/lib/libusb, does not solve your problem, then write me some text
> about how to get going using usbconfig, and I will add it as a workaround FAQ
> for USB flash cards.

It is not just USB flash cards.  I have similar problem with
external USB disk drives.  See earlier (unanswered) posting:

   http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2009-May/006964.html

And usbconfig(8) could be a little more helpful (the commands
could use a description for what they do).

--
DE