Re: Host OS (OS X 10.6.1) panic when booting 8.0-RC2 in VirtualBox 3.0.10

From: Robert N. M. Watson <rwatson_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Sun, 1 Nov 2009 12:28:32 +0000
On 1 Nov 2009, at 11:44, Matthias Rampke wrote:

> So, the current status is: The cleanly installed 8.0-RC2 works, the
> updated one not. So this is either my bad or the freebsd-update did
> something wrong. I'll try to find out what and keep you posted.

If they're supposed to be the same binary kernel (check the version
string/etc on early boot), then it might be worth simply doing md5
sums and seeing if they are the same (likewise loader binaries and
kernel modules).

Is there any chance you have non-base system kernel modules installed
in /boot/modules or the like?

Robert