Re: mixer settings on 8.0-RC2

From: Dominic Fandrey <kamikaze_at_bsdforen.de>
Date: Mon, 02 Nov 2009 16:12:52 +0100
Dag-Erling Smørgrav wrote:
> Dominic Fandrey <kamikaze_at_bsdforen.de> writes:
>> It appears that my 8.0-RC2 system (notebook) forgets its mixer
>> settings with every reboot.
>
> Check the contents of /var/db/*-state.

Thanks for the pointer. Is that updated during shutdown or
every time the mixer settings are changed? The file is
not in sync with my current mixer settings.

> (if it were up to me, we'd store the mixer state in /var/db/mixer/$foo
> instead of /var/db/$foo-state)

Sounds sensible to me. Ever wrote a PR?

Is there a manual page with in depth information?
mixer(8) doesn't mention the mixerX-state files.

Regards