Re: FreeBSD 8.0 - network stack crashes?

From: Weldon S Godfrey 3 <weldon_at_excelsusphoto.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2009 12:36:18 -0500 (EST)
If memory serves me right, sometime around 10:43am, Weldon S Godfrey 3 told me:

> If memory serves me right, sometime around 3:13pm, Gavin Atkinson told me:
>
>> OK, at least we've figured out what is going wrong then.  As a
>> workaround to get the machine to stay up longer, you should be able to
>> set kern.ipc.nmbclusters=256000 in /boot/loader.conf -but hopefully we
>> can resolve this soon.

I upped it to 256K.  What I am trying to wrap my head around is how it was
working somewhat for so long at 24K, but it got to near 65K before I
rebooted it with the higher setting.   Or did I reboot too early?  Is
there any cleanup that isn't triggered intil it reaches max nmbclusters?
I am trying to see if anything on our network has changed to cause this to
become cronic.