Installer: missing GEOM/gpart capabilities slicing disk?

From: O. Hartmann <ohartman_at_zedat.fu-berlin.de>
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2009 08:51:14 +0000
Hello.
I try to install a fresh new FreeBSD 8.0-RC2 (from snapshot-DVD) on a
barndnew harddrive. As far as I recall partitioning a disk is now done
via gpart and the limitation of having only 8 (-2) partitions from a
through h except b and c is now obsoleted. When dropping into the
installation process, I realised that the 8 partition boundary is still
present.
Is there a howto (I searched the wiki and lists without success)? I read
a lot about how to install FreeBSD on op of a complete ZFS
infrastructure, but key issue seems to be a hands-on partitioning of the
target haddrive via the fixit procedure.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Oliver