Re: Call for bge(4) testers

From: Pyun YongHyeon <pyunyh_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 14:05:50 -0800
On Thu, Nov 12, 2009 at 07:12:44PM -0200, Gonzalo Nemmi wrote:
> On Thursday 12 November 2009 1:47:49 am Pyun YongHyeon wrote:
> > On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 02:37:51PM -0800, Pyun YongHyeon wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I had been working on fixing bus_dma(9) bugs and adding TSO
> > > capability to bge(4). Now TSO is supported for BCM5755 or newer
> > > controllers. Actually some pre-BCM5755 controllers also support
> > > TSO with the help of special firmware but the license issue and
> > > lower performance of firmware based TSO as well as TSO bug I
> > > intentionally excluded TSO support for pre-BCM5755 controllers.
> > > You can get the patch form the following URL. The diff was
> > > generated against latest HEAD.
> > >
> > > http://people.freebsd.org/~yongari/bge/bge.tso.1111.diff
> >
> > Eh, there was a typo so I regenerated the diff.
> > http://people.freebsd.org/~yongari/bge/bge.tso.1111-1.diff
>
> Hi
> Just wanted to know before getting on to it, will your patch help to
> resolve kern/136876?

My diff includes a fix for assuming PCIe device control register
and MSI control registers would be reside in fixed address. And
from the pciconf output I see the your MSI control register is
located at different address. However bge(4) does not touch that
register for BCM5906 so I guess my diff may not fix the resume
issue.