Re: Help ZFS FreeBSD 8.0 RC2 Write performance issue

From: Ivan Voras <ivoras_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 01:56:46 +0100
2009/11/13 Scott Ullrich <sullrich_at_gmail.com>:
> On Thu, Nov 12, 2009 at 4:28 PM, Ivan Voras <ivoras_at_freebsd.org> wrote:
>> So in short, you are saying the to get "normal" performance out of
>> ZFS+NFS, the best way is to invest in an Areca and 2 SSDs :))
>
> Yep, that seems to be the magic recipe for NFS related serving.

I know it's a bit late now that you've settled on your equipment but
did you try discovering why you get performance so low you need SSDs
to cope? I think I've read somewhere that disabling ZIL should help
NFS performance - did you try it? Did you test your workload directly
on the ZFS volume (without NFS) or with another network file system
like Samba?