Re: nfsv4 FreeBSD server vs. Linux client I/O error

From: Gerrit Kühn <gerrit_at_pmp.uni-hannover.de>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 17:15:27 +0100
On Mon, 16 Nov 2009 10:50:16 -0500 (EST) Rick Macklem
<rmacklem_at_uoguelph.ca> wrote about Re: nfsv4 FreeBSD server vs. Linux
client I/O error:

RM> > P.S.: And one more question comes to my mind: How do I prevent a dir
RM> > from being mountable with nfs3? With the extra exports line it will
RM> > also be available as nfs3, won't it?

RM> Yep, there is currently no way to say that an exported fs is for nfsv4
RM> only. There are sysctl's that can restrict what versions of nfs the
RM> experimental server handles, but they apply to all mounts.
RM> If a lot of people need this feature, I can look at adding it, but
RM> my nfs todo list is getting pretty long and one of them is to look
RM> at a possible mountd replacement. (This might be a part of that?)

Not for me, I do not need the feature. I was only thinking about it
because the better security of nfsv4 is easily gotten around when you
allow for the old v3 mounts in parallel.

RM> ps: I hope you didn't mind me adding freebsd-current_at_ as a cc, since
RM>      I figured others will need the info someday.

Yes, of course. I also had the plan to cc: the list, but then forgot about
it. Thanks for your support.

cu
  Gerrit