Re: wpa_supplicant + wpi0 won't lock in on today's -current

From: Doug Barton <dougb_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 10:53:11 -0800
Paul B Mahol wrote:
> On 11/16/09, Doug Barton <dougb_at_freebsd.org> wrote:
>> Doug Barton wrote:
>>> I upgraded my -current laptop from r199019 to r199291 and on the newer
>>> kernel wpa_supplicant runs but doesn't ever lock in.
>> And the winner is .... r199076!
>
> What about connection without wpa_supplicant, does it work?

Yes.

> You did rebuild world and kernel with NO_CLEAN undefined?

No, I always build with -DNO_CLEAN, in fact I think most people
running -current and upgrading on a regular basis do that. Also, the
traditional suggestion for upgrading is to build world and kernel,
install kernel, reboot, check to make sure things are working. If a
change in the kernel sources requires that something in userland be
synced up it's customary to put a note about it in UPDATING.

> Perhaps driver_freebsd.c from wpa_supplicant is not synced with this change.

The sources were in synch.

To give this the best shot at debugging quickly I updated my src tree
(including the change in 199076), did 'make kernel' to build a clean
one then did a clean build/install in src/usr.sbin/wpa. That didn't
work either. Interestingly, the new wpa_supplicant works fine with the
old kernel, so I don't think that's the issue, but that's not conclusive.

I'm now doing a completely clean buildworld and kernel, I'll post
again when I have some results.

Doug