Re: "corrupt or invalid GPT" when attempting to import Solaris ZFS pool (8.0-RC3)

From: Jeremy Thornhill <jeremy.thornhill_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 12:48:12 -0500
On Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 12:29 PM, Robert Noland <rnoland_at_freebsd.org> wrote

> This should be fixed in -CURRENT.  The issue seems to be that solaris
> claims that the GPT header is 512 bytes, where we expected it to always
> be 92 bytes.  The fixes are slated to merge to 7/8 stable within a few
> days, however they won't make it into 8.0.

Great news, thanks!

> Sigh, yes... you have now trashed you primary gpt table.  PLEASE do not
> go using dd to write stuff to your disks unless you a) know what your
> doing or b) don't care if you trash your disks...

Indeed, I did not really care much about this disk, it's only a
backup. I was using it as a dry run to see if I would encounter any
issues before moving the 'real' data, and it did this job admirably :)

> If is important... I can help you restore the primary header...

Thanks, the disk is just fine again. I managed to restore the backup
label using the Solaris system (after I RTFM'd on 'format').

Jeremy