Re: WITHOUT_TELNET=yes .. does it work?

From: Kevin Oberman <oberman_at_es.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 16:08:38 -0800
> From: Gonzalo Nemmi <gnemmi_at_gmail.com>
> Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 20:43:27 -0200
> Sender: owner-freebsd-current_at_freebsd.org
>
> On Tuesday 17 November 2009 8:30:41 pm Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
> > Check out the scripts in src/tools/tools/build_option_survey/
> >
> > The result looked like this on stable-7 some time ago:
> >
> > 	http://phk.freebsd.dk/misc/stable7_build_options/
>

> no effect ..
> Interesting ...
> Thanks for the link Mr. Poul-Henning Kamp

I can state that several of the src.conf options in 8.0 don't work and
some will break the build. There is an open PR that has a fix to
Makefile.inc1 for at least some of the problems.

That said, building a new world without telnet does not delete the
existing binaries, libs, header files, etc. It just causes them not to
be built again. Further, delete-old will not delete them.

If you build with some parts of the base system removed in this manner,
you really need to go in and remove the old stuff by hand. It won't be
created arain.

N.B. I have not tried WITHOUT_TELNET=, so I can't swear that ti works. I
build WITHOUT_OPENSSH and WITHOUT_BIND as I use the ports with
OVERWRITE_BASE. and WITHOUT_BIND works fine. WITHOUT_OPENSSH requires
the patches mentions above for Makefile.inc1 (thanks to bf for those).
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)