Re: WITHOUT_TELNET=yes .. does it work?

From: Miroslav Lachman <000.fbsd_at_quip.cz>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 15:34:59 +0100
Olivier Smedts wrote:

>>> I can state that several of the src.conf options in 8.0 don't work and
>>> some will break the build. There is an open PR that has a fix to
>>> Makefile.inc1 for at least some of the problems.
>>>
>>> That said, building a new world without telnet does not delete the
>>> existing binaries, libs, header files, etc. It just causes them not to
>>> be built again. Further, delete-old will not delete them.
>
> But someone (you, me...) can file a PR to add them to OLD_FILES when
> WITHOUT_TELNET is set to yes, like it's done for some other WITHOUT_
> options.

It could be *dangerous* to automatically delete files based on WITHOUT_
settings in src.conf. If somebody set WITHOUT_OPENSSH and have it built
and replaced by ssh from ports with OPENSSH_OVERWRITE_BASE, then your
proposed magic will delete this ssh as well. So the machine ends without
any ssh even if there should be ssh from ports!

Miroslav Lachman