Re: [CFR] unified rc.firewall

From: Hajimu UMEMOTO <ume_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2009 01:01:16 +0900
Hi,

>>>>> On Mon, 23 Nov 2009 12:55:25 -0500
>>>>> John Baldwin <jhb_at_freebsd.org> said:

I updated the patch.

jhb> I had missed the me vs any.  It is true that the equivalent rule would use
jhb> me6.  I would rather figure out the IPv6 bug so that TCP is treated the
jhb> same for both protocols instead of having a weaker firewall for IPv6 than
jhb> IPV4.

Yes, it is better, definitely.  I thought that we could change to use
dynamic rule, once it was fixed.
Since the PR kern/117234 fixed it, I changed to use dynamic rule for
IPv6 as well.  So, it requires the patch in the PR.

jhb> I do find the shorter version easier to read, and it matches the existing
jhb> style as well as the examples in the manual page, handbook, etc.

Okay, I changed 'ip6' to 'all' where we can use it, and stopped use of
'proto xxx'' as possible.

I reconsidered oif vs oif6 and iif vs iif6 issue.  Now, if
$firewall_simple_oif_ipv6 is not set, $firewall_simple_oif is assumed
for oif6, and, $firewall_simple_iif_ipv6 is not set,
$firewall_simple_iif is assumed for iif6.
Further, I think we don't assign a global IPv6 address to oif in
usual.  So, I made $firewall_simple_onet_ipv6 optional.
One more change is that DHCPv6 is allowed as well as IPv4 DHCP for
WORKSTATION type.  I'm using DHCPv6 in usual; L2TP + DHCPv6 PD, DHCPv6
DNS option ...

Sincerely,

--
Hajimu UMEMOTO _at_ Internet Mutual Aid Society Yokohama, Japan
ume_at_mahoroba.org  ume_at_{,jp.}FreeBSD.org