What's Eating FreeBSD 8?

From: Horst Günther Burkhardt III <horst_at_sxemacs.org>
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2009 15:18:14 +1100
Hi all.

Just a quick question - what happened to FreeBSD 8.0? I can't even find
the BETA isos anymore, can't see any RCs, certainly no releases.

I've been looking forward to 8.0 in i386 to deploy on my laptop and in
ppc to deploy on my mac because of the new altivec support and various
other nifty new things i've seen.

I got shot down in IRC with something about "it'll be out when we stop
finding huge bugs and critical regressions" - what's going on?

In anticipation,
 -- Horst.