Re: Non-responsive 8.0-RC1

From: Thomas Backman <serenity_at_exscape.org>
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2009 08:56:55 +0100
On Nov 28, 2009, at 10:22 PM, Peter Jeremy wrote:

> My main server is running 8.0/amd64 from between RC1 and RC2 and I've
> recently had a couple of long-duration hangs on it during which time
> processes doing I/O will stop responding.
>
> The system is a dual-core Athlon with the base OS (root/usr/var) on
> UFS and the remainder of the filesystem ZFS.  It's running SCHEDULE.
> It runs a pair of BOINC processes in the background.  The first time,
Hmm, I know there was some fix to the scheduler re: thread priority, and it wouldn't surprise me if it was after your revision.
My advice would be to upgrade to -RELEASE if possible. If not, at least check whether your build should be affected.
http://svn.freebsd.org/viewvc/base?view=revision&revision=198246

Regards,
Thomas