Re: RFC: kernel level cryptographic filesystem (summer of code project)

From: Gleb Kurtsou <gleb.kurtsou_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2009 10:29:57 +0300
On (02/10/2009 12:04), Daniel O'Connor wrote:
> On Fri, 2 Oct 2009, you wrote:
> > On Fri, 2 Oct 2009, Gleb Kurtsou wrote:
> > > I've tested it on top of ZFS, UFS and tmpfs (it fails on msdosfs).
> > > I use amd64 9-CURRENT but it should work on 8- and 7-STABLE (+
> > > i386).
> >
> > Do you think you could make a port?
> > For older systems (pre-8, possibly even pre-9) it is unlikely to be
> > MFC'd, so a port would widen the pool of potential users.
> >
> > I will have a play with it and see what it's like :)
It should just work on 8. I've started development before 9-CURRENT
appeared. Tarball contains no patches, just a new sources. But
unfortunately I'm not able to test it on 8 (have no system running it).

Please let me know if something goes wrong or tweaking is needed to make
it run on 8 (or 7).

> Hmm I can't download the file (tried FF3 and Konqueror).. Any chance you
> can host it elsewhere? (and perhaps sign it).
Mirrors:
http://rapidshare.com/files/287648214/pefs-2009-10-01.tar.bz2.html
http://www.sendspace.com/file/vohwog

I can upload only images to blog itself and maillist allows only plain
text attachments.