Re: FreeBSD8-RELENG (sources from this morning) deadlock

From: Ted Faber <faber_at_isi.edu>
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2009 15:27:53 -0700
On Fri, Oct 02, 2009 at 03:14:50PM -0700, Sean Bruno wrote:

> > I'm still deadlocked, but trying to get more info.  I tried a firewire
> > debugging session using dcons, but that failed for reasons unclear.
> > dconschat seems to do the right thing:
> >
> I'm a bit confused by the dmesg output of the machine.  If I read it
> right, firewire/fwohci isn't loaded in the dmesg output.
>
> Am I missing something?

Crap.  That was the dmesg from the original message.

There's a certain amount of switching of power supplies and other pain
involved in trying to get this board running while not leaving the
machine I'm replacing it with down for the count.  In the confusion I
grabbed the wrong dmesg.

I'll send one with the firewire boot ASAP, probably later tonight PDT.
Sorry for the confusion.

--
Ted Faber
http://www.isi.edu/~faber           PGP: http://www.isi.edu/~faber/pubkeys.asc