Re: Another panic (during netisr?)

From: Doug Barton <dougb_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Sat, 03 Oct 2009 12:04:35 -0700
Kamigishi Rei wrote:
> I've replaced the CPU in the server (was: dual core, now: quad core) for
> even more chances for a race condition to strike; waiting for this one
> to re-appear again now on 8.0-RC1 ;) (Though 39 days of uptime was a
> pretty good result for BETA3, I can't say I'm satisfied, as I have yet
> to see my 7.2-STABLE server panic; 39 days is not impressive when it
> comes to production use including running ircd for a large network.)

As a former IRC server operator I completely agree with you. :)
However this is why testing of the sort that you are doing is SO
critical to the success of a new release. Please accept our sincere
gratitude for the testing, feedback, and testing of new patches.
Without users like you we would not be even a fraction as successful
as we have been to date.

Doug