Re: uath0 issues: eject-caused panic, won't work after a restart.

From: Lucius Windschuh <lwindschuh_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Oct 2009 17:15:15 +0200
Hi.

2009/10/3 Weongyo Jeong <weongyo.jeong_at_gmail.com>:
> On Sun, Jul 12, 2009 at 12:53:38PM +0200, Lucius Windschuh wrote:
>> Hi guys,
>> I'm using CURRENT r195362MP and have two issues with it.
>>
>> 1st: Pulling the device while the kernel was nearly finished shutting
>> down shutting down resulted in a kernel panic:
>>
> [...]

> Already passed about 3 months.  :-)
>
> Could you please test with CURRENT to reproduce this problem?  On my
> environment it doesn't happen anymore.  I'd like to know this issue is
> still valid.

I can't reproduce this problem either. It seems that this problem is
fixed: Pulling the device out in different stages of the shutdown
process did not result in a panic.

Fine, when time destroys bugs. :-D

>> 2nd issue:
>>
>> With an plugged and firmware-loaded uath device (TRENDnet TEW-504UB in
>> my case), reboot the system. It is not initialized by uath until you
>> pull and plug it back in.
>> The USB descriptors, obtained by usbconfig dump_device_desc, are the
>> same before pulling and after reinitializing the device.
>>
>> Is there anything I can do to help fixing these issues?
>
> I tried to solve this issue on my amd64 machine but could not find a way
> to fix.  It looks HAL interface doesn't have a API to reset full H/W and
> endpoint 0 also don't have a such feature.  Only a way looks a bus reset
> event (EHCI_STS_RESET) currently depending on the system for example,
> powerpc I have seems it hasn't this problem but amd64 has.

If a bus reset only affects the device and not a whole bus, this is worth a try.

Regards

Lucius