Re: Per Jail Memory Limits

From: Tom Judge <tom_at_tomjudge.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Oct 2009 18:59:34 +0000
Adam Vande More wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 5, 2009 at 12:47 PM, Tom Judge <tom_at_tomjudge.com
> <mailto:tom_at_tomjudge.com>> wrote:
>
>     Julian Elischer wrote:
>
>         Tom Judge wrote:
>
>             Hi,
>
>             Does anyone know of a patch that will add per jail memory
>             limits so that a jail can't swallow the resources of the
>             entire box?
>

>             Thanks
>
>             Tom
>

>         not yet..
>

>     I started to port this to 7.1 today:
>
>     http://wiki.freebsd.org/JailResourceLimits
>

>     What are the peoples opinions on this patch?
>

>     Tom
>

> If you're soliciting opinions if this will be used and is needed, I
> would love to see this functionality.  This is the main reason I've
> had to chose XEN over jails.  If you need some help testing, let me know.
>
> --
> Adam Vande More
Hi Adam,

I have a patch against 7.1 here:
http://svn.tomjudge.com/freebsd/patches/jail-resource-limits/jail-limits.patch

I will try to bring the patch up to current when I get a chance but I
have no real need to do this as we use 7.1 in production.

Notes:

    * CPU limiting is not support is not supported unless you use
shecd_4bsd.
    * I have not tested this on any system yet, just compile tested, I
am putting it though its paces right now.

Tom