Re: Per Jail Memory Limits

From: Miroslav Lachman <000.fbsd_at_quip.cz>
Date: Mon, 05 Oct 2009 21:38:49 +0200
Tom Judge wrote:

> Julian Elischer wrote:
>
>> Tom Judge wrote:
>>

>>> Does anyone know of a patch that will add per jail memory limits so
>>> that a jail can't swallow the resources of the entire box?
>>
>> not yet..
>>

> I started to port this to 7.1 today:
>
> http://wiki.freebsd.org/JailResourceLimits
>

> What are the peoples opinions on this patch?

The original JailResourceLimits patch was never 100% functional.

Please see this page http://wiki.freebsd.org/Jails with links to newer
attempts for 7.x and 8.x.

It is also better to discuss it on Jail mailinglist
freebsd-jail_at_freebsd.org and you can find some useful informations in
archive http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-jail/

I am unhappy that there are people with some interest in to jail
resource limits, some patches floating around, but it never arive at
final stage and production quality, and never get committed. :(

It would be nice to have jails with CPU / memory / FD / disk IO /
bandwidth limits connected to SNMP monitoring of these resources.
Unfortunately I have zero C coding skills, so I can just wait if somebody...

Miroslav Lachman