Re: Per Jail Memory Limits

From: Tom Judge <tom_at_tomjudge.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Oct 2009 01:39:19 +0000
Tom Judge wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know of a patch that will add per jail memory limits so
> that a jail can't swallow the resources of the entire box?

So I have worked up some thing usable fore us based on the 7.0 code from
the wiki.

This patch is for 7.1 in implements both soft and hard memory limits.

Details are here:
http://www.tomjudge.com/index.php/FreeBSD/Jails/MemoryLimits

Changes that add supporting infrastructure for cpu limiting are in the
patch but changes to the schedulers have not been included.  If you need
the scheduling support you will need to patch sched_4bsd with the code
from the original patch set here:

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-jail/2008-June/000333.html

Hope this is useful for some people.

Tom