Re: Per Jail Memory Limits

From: Tom Judge <tom_at_tomjudge.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Oct 2009 20:48:49 +0000
Miroslav Lachman wrote:
> Tom Judge wrote:
>
>> So I have worked up some thing usable fore us based on the 7.0 code
>> from the wiki.
>>
>> This patch is for 7.1 in implements both soft and hard memory limits.
>>
>> Details are here:
>> http://www.tomjudge.com/index.php/FreeBSD/Jails/MemoryLimits
>>
>> Changes that add supporting infrastructure for cpu limiting are in
>> the patch but changes to the schedulers have not been included.  If
>> you need the scheduling support you will need to patch sched_4bsd
>> with the code from the original patch set here:
>>
>> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-jail/2008-June/000333.html
>>
>> Hope this is useful for some people.
>
> I added links to this thread and to your patch into wiki page
> http://wiki.freebsd.org/Jails. I hope it will help people to find your
> work.
> Do you plan to make it for 7.2 and other future releases?
Thanks for adding it to the wiki.

It should be simple to apply to 7.2,  I can try to knock out a patch in
my spare time for this.

However at this time I have no plans to take this any further, it seems
plenty of people are working on this problem.  Maybe one day there will
be an in tree solution.

Tom