Re: FYI: "8.0TODO" wiki page updated

From: Robert N. M. Watson <rwatson_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 14:44:03 +0100
On 11 Oct 2009, at 22:09, Gonzalo Nemmi wrote:

> On Sun, Oct 11, 2009 at 9:34 AM, Robert Watson <rwatson_at_freebsd.org>
> wrote:
>
> FYI for those tracking the 8.0 release: after a haitus of about a
> month around the FreeBSD Developer Summit and EuroBSDCon 2009 here
> in Cambridge, and with the help of Colin Percival, the 8.0TODO wiki
> page is now up-to-date:
>
>  http://wiki.FreeBSD.org/8.0TODO
>
> We'll endeavour to keep it more up-to-date going forward; there's
> nothing like hosting a conference to get you behind on e-mail :-).
> I just took a look at the recently anounced updated TODO lists for
> 8.0 (http://wiki.freebsd.org/8.0TODO) but couldn't find a anything
> about PR kern/136876: [bge] bge will not resume properly after
> suspend.
> Does that mean that 8.0 will be released without a fix for kern/
> 136876?

Hi Gonzalo--

I'm not aware of the status of this bug, but have CC'd Stanislav
Sedov, who has recently been working on other known if_bge issues for
8.0. At this point things are pretty late in the cycle, and device
driver modifications (especially for sensitive drivers such as bge)
represent a significant risk, so things may not change; however,
perhaps he has some thoughts along these lines?

Thanks,

Robert