Re: FYI: "8.0TODO" wiki page updated

From: Gonzalo Nemmi <gnemmi_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 14:27:42 -0300
On Mon, Oct 12, 2009 at 11:44 AM, Coleman Kane <ckane_at_colemankane.org>wrote:

> On Mon, 2009-10-12 at 17:54 +0400, Stanislav Sedov wrote:
> > On Mon, 12 Oct 2009 14:44:03 +0100
> > "Robert N. M. Watson" <rwatson_at_freebsd.org> mentioned:
> >
> > > Hi Gonzalo--
> > >
> > > I'm not aware of the status of this bug, but have CC'd Stanislav
> > > Sedov, who has recently been working on other known if_bge issues for
> > > 8.0. At this point things are pretty late in the cycle, and device
> > > driver modifications (especially for sensitive drivers such as bge)
> > > represent a significant risk, so things may not change; however,
> > > perhaps he has some thoughts along these lines?
> > >

> > Hi, Gonzalo!
> >
> > I've not looked into this issue yet, but I'll do it in the near future.
> > Unfortunatly, I believe it is too late to expect the fix to be present
> > in 8.x, but I'll look what I can do wrt. this issue.
> >

> Hi guys,
>
> Please send any fix or potential fix for evaluation my way. I attempted
> to fix this bug awhile back myself, but was unable to pin down what was
> going on. FreeBSD 9-CURRENT/amd64.
>
> This one is particularly a nuisance for me, as is the last thing that
> prevents me from using Suspend on my HP notebook for anything. (Well, I
> still need to fix whatever causes NDIS to break as well, but that's less
> important, and I suspect partly a Win32 API issue).
>
> --
> Coleman Kane

Same in here, please send any fix or potential fix for evaluation my way ...
if_bge not waking up is the only thing preventing me from resuming
(regardless of kern/136946 which doesn't affect me that much as I don't own
or use firewire dongles .. I even comment the driver out ouf my kernel) on
my i386 8.0-RC1, so .. if_bge waking up makes a lot of difference for me

Thanks Robert and Stanislav for you kind and prompt answers.
Thanks Coleman for pitching in.

Best Regards
Gonzalo Nemmi