Re: zfs boot vs loader

From: Andriy Gapon <avg_at_icyb.net.ua>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 13:46:37 +0300
Thanks to all who replied!
I think that I figured it out with your help.

'unload' does indeed unload zpool.cache and the latter is needed for proper zfs
root mounting.
'boot /other/kernel' executes some loader scripts and zpool.cache gets loaded in
this case (because of the settings in defaults/loader.conf).
When doing manual 'load xxx' and then just 'boot' no loader scripts are executed
and zpool.cache does not get loaded. In this case one has to load it manually
using the suggested 'load -t xxx' approach.

--
Andriy Gapon