Re: if_rum dies on transmit...

From: bsduser <bsd_at_acd.homelinux.org>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 17:41:09 -0600
Weongyo Jeong <weongyo.jeong_at_gmail.com> writes:

> On Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 01:57:46PM +0000, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
>>
>> Has anybody else seen if_rum die when you try to transmit a file over
>> a TCP connection ?
>>
>> If I try to print across the network, upload a file with ftp or anything
>> else of that general tenor, if_rum seems to hang the output queue and
>> stops transmitting packets.
>>
>> Restarting wpa_supplicant mostly resolves the issue, but it does not
>> on its own discover the problem.
>>
>> According to tcpdump(8), packets are still received.
>>
>> Any ideas ?
>
> Could you please test with attached patch?
>
> regards,
> Weongyo Jeong

I had the same issues with if_rum at least while using WPA and your patch made
them go away.... ( although removing and plugging back in does not quite
work )

# scp INDEX-8* cookie:/usr/ports
INDEX-8                                       100%   19MB   2.1MB/s   00:09
INDEX-8.db                                    100%   34MB   2.4MB/s   00:14

before the patch this would just hang.

Another quick test using rsync on a bunch of files worked flawless too.

usbconfig list:

ugen7.2: <Compact Wireless-G USB Adapter Cisco-Linksys> at usbus7, cfg=0
md=HOST spd=HIGH (480Mbps) pwr=ON

The adapter is a WUSB54GC and yes, you made my day :-)