Re: panic when mounting device >= 2 times

From: Andriy Gapon <avg_at_icyb.net.ua>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2009 11:32:00 +0300
on 14/10/2009 23:46 Pawel Jakub Dawidek said the following:
> I've this patch that is suppose to fix it:
>
> 	http://people.freebsd.org/~pjd/patches/geom_vfs.c.patch
>
> But AFAIR its not complete. I think it is still possible to remount one
> of the read-only mounts to read-write.
>
> Another possibility that comes to my mind is to keep list/array of
> consumers in bo_private instead of using one consumer only. This would
> be better in terms of access management.

This looks very good for at least preventing the most common accidents.
I've been thinking about something like creating a cloned vnode for the device
vnode and giving a private copy to each filesystem. But I currently lack a lot
knowledge in this area, so I can't even say if it could be feasible, let alone
implement it.

--
Andriy Gapon