Re: Kernel Build Knob for kgssapi_krb5?

From: John Marshall <john.marshall_at_riverwillow.com.au>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 13:31:18 +1100
On Mon, 26 Oct 2009, 11:31 -0400, Rick Macklem wrote:
> On Mon, 26 Oct 2009, b. f. wrote:
> >>Is there a knob somewhere to enable building of the kgssapi_krb5 module?
> >
> >I don't see any for the module -- Doug Rabson doesn't seem to have
> >added it to /usr/src/sys/modules/Makefile in r184588:
> >
> >http://svn.freebsd.org/viewvc/base?view=revision&revision=184588
> >
> >And I see that it has some implicit dependencies, like INET6, so the
> >kinks have not been ironed out of this portion of the code.  You could
> >try:
> >
> >cd /usr/src/sys/modules/kgssapi_krb5 && make obj && make depend &&
> >make && make install
>
> At this point, both the regular nfs and experimental nfs subsystems
> only know to use the gssapi stuff if they're built with
> options KGSSAPI
> in the kernel config.
>
> I've never tried to build it as a module, but I do know it needs:
> device crypto

I didn't try building as a separate kernel module but configuring it in
the kernel with 'options KGSSAPI' and 'device crypto' worked for me.
The kernel build didn't complain that I don't have INET6 included.

> >>Also, is there a "getting started" or "how to test" page somewhere to
> >>give us some clues to get this going?
> >
> >http://code.google.com/p/macnfsv4/wiki/FreeBSD8KerberizedNFSSetup
> >
> Just fyi, although I can't avoid blame for the NFSD/NFSCL code, I
> wasn't the author of the Kernel GSSAPI code, just a happy user.
>
> Hopefully you'll find the wiki page useful. Feel free to add things
> to it and/or email me with changes.

Thank you!  Might I suggest that a link to this work from the FreeBSD
wiki and the 8.0 Release Notes would be a good idea?  More people are
going to want to know how to go about using/testing this now that it is
included in a release.

--
John Marshall