ZFS pool bootfs property and vfs.root.mountfrom

From: Alexander V. Ribchansky <triosoft_at_triosoft.com.ua>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 22:15:55 +0200
Hello, zfs gurus!

I wonder, is it hard to implement some kind of auto-sensing
vfs.root.mountfrom from zfs's pool's bootfs property, which normally
points to dataset that should be root FS?
I dig into sys/boot and find out that we "just" :) need do place
setenv("vfs.root.mountfrom",ZFS_GET_POOL_PROP("bootfs") <- some kind of
metacode in a RIGHT place. But by all means I cannot gather whole
picture of freebsd booting process (mean in sources who calls what) and
find that magical RIGHT place. So may be zfs-gurus can say something? Is
it possible to implement such thing? Is it hard? May be some hints of
what to dig deeper in?

thanks!

--
    AVR39-RIPE