Re: GPT boot with ZFS RAIDZ "ZFS: i/o error - all block copies unavailable"

From: Robert Noland <rnoland_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 15:25:04 -0500
On Wed, 2009-10-28 at 19:32 +0100, Krzysztof Dajka wrote:
> I managed to boot FreeBSD with raidz1 on gpt drives on my workstation.
> Well I didn't quite finished booting yet...
> But from the beginning.
> I tried to install FreeBSD once again instead of raidz2 I chose
> raidz1, but it's not the answer. I think that
> When I used gpart to create my boot slices on 3 drives I increased
> size of that slice to 400 sectors. Now my system boots and

if you mean the freebsd-boot partition, that isn't part of zfs.  That is
just an empty partition to hold gptzfsboot. So, that isn't relevant.

This does work for me... I still haven't been able to produce a
non-working system.  Other than the case where the BIOS doesn't pick up
all the drives.  I've built booting systems with single and multiple
root devices as well as raidz1 or raidz2.

I'm not saying that there isn't an issue, just that I haven't been able
find a failure that I can reproduce.

robert.

--
Robert Noland <rnoland_at_FreeBSD.org>