Re: 8.0-RC1 NFS client timeout issue

From: Olaf Seibert <O.Seibert_at_cs.ru.nl>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 14:52:39 +0100
On Wed 28 Oct 2009 at 16:38:27 -0400, Rick Macklem wrote:
> I'll leave this one for the TCP wizzards. I'm not sure what the
> correct behaviour is when data is received on a connection. (I think
> it is waiting for a FIN from the client side at this point.)

After writing, I realised that it is indeed perfectly allowed for the
client to send data. But since the server already sent its FIN, it can't
send anything more, not even an error message. So with that in mind, the
client shouldn't send anything any more either.

> If you could try the following patch and see if it helps, that would be
> appreciated, rick

Thanks, it looks like it should do the trick. I can't try it before
monday, though.

-Olaf.