xorg running > 48h starts consuming CPU cycles with BETA3

From: Harald Schmalzbauer <h.schmalzbauer_at_omnilan.de>
Date: Fri, 04 Sep 2009 13:24:46 +0200
Hello,

I have one problem with xorg running on BETA3.
Repeatably, after more than 48hour uptime, my workstation showes
increased load. The longer the uptime, the more cpu cycles xorg consumes.
It's absolutely application independent. After 3 or 4 days, almost one
complete CPU is occupied by xorg, but I have no idea what xorg is doing.
Is there any way to "look inside" xorg to see where the CPU cycles vanish?
With uptimes shorter than 2 days I can't see xorg consuming any
remarkable CPU cycles.
Xorg is 1.6.1, compiled on BETA3:
1157 root          1  53    0   828M   234M select  1  40:04 15.38% Xorg

Thanks,

-Harry