8.0-BETA3: ACPI resume fails

From: Boris Hollas <boris.hollas_at_gmx.de>
Date: Fri, 04 Sep 2009 23:30:47 +0200
I've installed 8.0-BETA3 without X on a Fuji-Siemens Lifebook E8110.

I observed the following while testing sleep mode:

1) Test 1
- I invoked
   # zzz
- Screen and HD were switched off.
- I pressed "On".
- HD was switched on, but screen remained blank. The system didn't react
to typing "reboot".

2) Test 2
I loaded acpi_fujitsu and repeated test 1 with the same result.

3) Test 3
I compiled a kernel without firewire support and excluded many unnecessary
drivers. I repeated test 1 with the same result.

4) Test 4
With the kernel from 3), I entered
# sysctrl acpi.hw.reset_video=1
and repeated test 1 with the same result.

Sleep mode works with Debian Lenny.

Resume also failed with both 7.2-R and 8.0-BETA3 on an old Thinkpad A30p.