Re: Problems with ZFS on AMD64 (and i386 now)

From: Tobias Lott <tlott_at_gamesnet.de>
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2009 00:19:42 +0200
On Tue, 8 Sep 2009 21:44:02 +0200
Tobias Lott <tlott_at_gamesnet.de> wrote:

> On Tue, 1 Sep 2009 10:05:17 -0400
> John Baldwin <jhb_at_freebsd.org> wrote:
>
> > On Tuesday 01 September 2009 9:24:24 am Maciej Jan Broniarz wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > I have installed Freebsd8-beta3 on a Phenom II Quad Core with 8 gb
> > > ram. When I create a zfs volume all works fine. Still, when I
> > > reboot the system it doesn't come up. It hangs with the following
> > > error:
> > >
> > > http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/3832/freebsd8zfs.jpg
> > >
> > > What might be the problem?
> >
> > It's probably a NULL pointer dereference, but we would need a stack
> > trace to investigate this further.
> >
> My Problem seems to be related.
>
> Updating a Machine to 8.0-BETA4 #3 caused same, its a i386 System
> using gpt with zfs-only volumes beside swap.
>
> http://i25.tinypic.com/343p0s0.jpg
>
> I'll try to see if I can get a stack trace

Hey Everyone

I've managed to get some Output for this, using BETA2 LiveCD (gonna try
using BETA4 CD Tomorrow).

'zfs import -f poolname' triggered this, Booting kernel.old (BETA3)
and today built BETA4 Kernel Panic mounting zfs Volumes.
Booting single user mode I get output of zfs list and so on but
mounting whatever volume also Panics.

Stack output, if there's more you need I'll gladly help
http://i27.tinypic.com/2d78qpd.jpg
http://i31.tinypic.com/oqhv2w.jpg
http://i28.tinypic.com/oktsag.jpg

--