Re: wpa_supplicant not found AP without SSID in beacon packet

From: Sam Leffler <sam_at_errno.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Sep 2009 20:44:19 -0700
Borodin Oleg wrote:
> Sam Leffler пишет:
>> Borodin Oleg wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi!
>>>
>>> wpa_supplicant "not found" AP without SSID in beacon packets. With same
>>> device and configuration, but FreeBSD7.2 - work without problems.
>>>

>> You seem to have disabled scan_ssid in your wpa_supplicant.conf file.
>> It appears this causes wpa_supplicant to not supply the ssid when
>> scanning so the net80211 layer never sends directed ProbeRequest
>> frames and then ap does not respond.  Try enabling scan_ssid for WNET1
>> and verify the directed probe request frames are sent.
>>
>>     Sam
>>
> Of course, I tried to turn on and off scan_ssid. No results.

If you don't show what you do then I cannot tell.  You don't include the
wlan debug msgs that show the directed ProbeRequest frames so I cannot
be sure they are going out.  If they are not sent then the ap will not
respond.  If you set scan_ssid and you're not seeing the ProbeRequest
frames then you'll need to figure out why.

> I do not know much logic WiFI, perhaps the problem with disassembly
> beacon packet of access point?
>
> Or, more likely to parse the answer to the AP on ProbeRequest from FBSD?
>
> What is?...
> wlan0: [00:23:5e:75:f7:c2] discard unhandled information element, id
> 133, len 30

This just means the beacon frame included an IE that was not handled.
You appear to have to have enabled "elemid" debug msgs.

	Sam