BETA3: network processes hang in keglimit (unkillable)

From: Pieter de Goeje <pieter_at_degoeje.nl>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2009 19:24:10 +0200
I just experienced a complete loss of network, where every network related
process would sleep on "keglimit". I was unable to recover from this
situation. I tried killing the processes with SIGKILL, but it didn't work,
and I tried to bring the network interface (em) down and up again, which also
didn't work. A reboot "solved" the problem. The machine was handling some
major traffic, both TCP and UDP.

Apparently the system was waiting on some resource to free up, but what could
it be? How can this situation be avoided in the future?

uname: 8.0-BETA3 FreeBSD 8.0-BETA3 #1: Sun Aug 30 01:23:36 CEST 2009 amd64

--
Pieter de Goeje