Re: 8.0-BETA4 panic: ffs_sync: rofs mod

From: Craig Rodrigues <rodrigc_at_crodrigues.org>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 04:00:32 +0000
On Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 08:32:09PM +0300, Jaakko Heinonen wrote:
> Calling nmount() with "update" and "export" string options shouldn't
> affect to any other options in any way. The problem is that the mount
> point has both "ro" and "rw" options active before mountd calls
> nmount(). Because of the "ro" option FFS mount code changes the file
> system to read-only. The FFS code looks for "ro" string option only when
> doing mount updates.

Hi,

Instead of using your proposed patch, could you try this patch?

I originally wrote all the has_rw/has_ro stuff for nmount()
in 2006.  Getting the mount update behavior for ro -> rw
was a big pain in the neck, especially because the userland mount
programs and the mount code for the various file systems were slightly
inconsistent.

Looking back, I should have done it this way, but at the time I wasn't sure
how all the mount update stuff worked across the different file systems.

--
Craig Rodrigues
rodrigc_at_crodrigues.org