Source level upgrade from 4.9 to CURRENT..

From: Rom Albuquerque <a_romolo_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 17:36:45 +0000
 Hi folks. Need help in doing the following, but first want to check
and see if it is feasible with the latest release, or if I'm just going to
be spinning my wheels on this one.

The Objective.
==============

 I have a FreeBSD 4.9-RELEASE system which I want to upgrade to 7.X
from the source level. Had a bunch of problems installing 7.1-RELEASE from
the CD distribution I got from freebsdmall.com. Several problems that
could not mount the CD at the time of installation causing sysinstall
to halt. So, 4.9 is installed and working, is there a source level
backward compatibility issue between 7.x and anything older than 6.0 ?
In other words, upgrading from the sources with such an old
distribution is a doable task ?

Your response is greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.

--Rom

a_romolo_at_hotmail.com

Bing brings you health info from trusted sources.
http://www.bing.com/search?q=pet+allergy&form=MHEINA&publ=WLHMTAG&crea=TXT_MHEINA_Health_Health_PetAllergy_1x1