Re: misc/compat6x port no longer sufficient for DRI under head?

From: David Wolfskill <david_at_catwhisker.org>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 08:29:57 -0700
On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 05:04:31PM +0200, Gary Jennejohn wrote:
> Maybe you need to install misc/compat7x also for things to work with
> head?  Don't forget options COMPAT_FREEBSD7 in your kernconf for head.

:-)  As I was writing the previous message, that thought occurred, so I
did install it, re-tried, and the symptoms persisted: with DRI enabled,
the keyboard & mouse were non-functional; with DRI disabled, Xorg
worked.

(I had intended to install misc/compat7x under head as soon as it had
been committed, but it slipped what passes for my mind.  And the file
system where /usr/ports lives is not one I normally even mount when
running head....)

But thanks for the thought!

Peace,
david
--
David H. Wolfskill				david_at_catwhisker.org
Depriving a girl or boy of an opportunity for education is evil.