Re: tmux(1) in base

From: Matt Dawson <matt_at_chronos.org.uk>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 13:25:19 +0100
On Tuesday 22 Sep 2009 12:06:42 you wrote:
> Our package system is a tremendous asset, and wholeheartedly agree
> with Doug on this. So my vote is now a -1. Not that anyone cares.

I do. These arguments have changed my mind.

Having read most of these replies, and already put my size 10 in with a +1,
I've been forced to reconsider due to the overwhelming evidence that most
everyone wants a minimal base system and the cogent arguments to keep base
clean and free of outdated code. Coupled with the ease of updating ports,
can I change my opinion to "keep them all in ports," please? Now I know
tmux is there, simply adding it to my local "install this lot first"
metaport will work just as well.
--
Matt Dawson
MTD15-RIPE