lockups: anyone running an ECS A790GXM-AD3 AM3 790GX w/o problems (RELENG_8)

From: Ted Faber <faber_at_isi.edu>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 08:39:26 -0700
I've got a new box running RELENG_8 (it can't seem to find the PATA
controller under RELENG_7), and all seems well for about 10-15 minutes
until it locks up hard, and a full power cycle is required to get it
back.  The machine's running a fair amount of server software, but the
system is pretty much idle when the lockup happens.  It's also able to
make it through a 5-8 fsck without problems.

It has an re0 interface, I haven't heard any reports on that locking up
the machine, just dropping packets.

Realize that I only have a RELENG_7 verbose dmesg available here, but
that should cataloge the hardware.  It includes errors from a stale
disklabel that have been corrected.  It's attached.

This feels like a memory error to me, and I'll be memtesting it
later to confirm, but I wanted to see if anyone else was seeing this
behavior.

Better yet, if you have RELENG_8 running on an ECS A790GXM-AD3 AM3
790GX without problems, drop me a line and let me know.

Thanks!

--
Ted Faber
http://www.isi.edu/~faber           PGP: http://www.isi.edu/~faber/pubkeys.asc