Re: sb600/sb700 ohci experimental patch

From: Andriy Gapon <avg_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 2009 16:58:23 +0300
on 27/09/2009 16:10 Andriy Gapon said the following:

> kernel: ohci_controller_init:195: SMM active, request owner change
> kernel: usbus0: SMM does not respond, resetting
> kernel: ohci_controller_init:195: SMM active, request owner change
> kernel: usbus1: SMM does not respond, resetting
> kernel: ohci_controller_init:195: SMM active, request owner change
> kernel: usbus3: SMM does not respond, resetting
> kernel: ohci_controller_init:195: SMM active, request owner change
> kernel: usbus4: SMM does not respond, resetting
> kernel: ohci_controller_init:195: SMM active, request owner change
> kernel: usbus6: SMM does not respond, resetting
>
> And the register value stayed intact after initial programming, so no
> re-programming was needed.

I think that I didn't finished what I was saying.
I think that now we can be very sure what is the culprit here.
Now we need to find the best strategy to work around the problem.
(Of course, it would be just the second best with the best being fixing SMM
code, but that's beyond our control).

--
Andriy Gapon