Re: ipv6 related warnings

From: Andriy Gapon <avg_at_icyb.net.ua>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 14:53:37 +0300
on 28/09/2009 13:49 Dag-Erling Smørgrav said the following:
> Alexander Best <alexbestms_at_math.uni-muenster.de> writes:
>> oh. i see. so ipv6 support is now mandatory and building a plain ipv4
>> kernel is obsolete? shouldn't this be in UPDATING?
>
> No, you can build a *kernel* without IPv6, just not userland.  Parts of
> userland will respect WITHOUT_INET6, others won't, and others yet will
> build but not run correctly.

So shouldn't those disrespecting parts of userland be fixed?
I know that IPv6 is our future (or "our all" as they say sometimes in this part of
the world), but this should not be an excuse for the violations until we
decide/state that WITHOUT_INET6 is no longer supported.

Besides, returning to the original post, those messages weren't there just a few
days ago, this is a new addition.

--
Andriy Gapon,
who also uses WITHOUT_INET6