Re: Removal of GEOM_BSD, GEOM_MBR, GEOM_PC98 and GEOM_SUNLABEL (recap)

From: Robert Huff <roberthuff_at_rcn.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 08:11:53 -0400
Mario Lobo writes:

>  > Maybe it is due to /sys/amd64/conf/DEFAULTS
>  >
>  > which contains:
>  >
>  > options 	GEOM_PART_BSD
>  > options 	GEOM_PART_EBR
>  > options 	GEOM_PART_EBR_COMPAT
>  > options 	GEOM_PART_MBR
>  >
>  > Henri
>
>  Not the case. I saw those and commented them out.

	It is my understanding that if a "defaults" file exists for any
task, it is A Very Bad Idea(tm) to change it.  There should be a
file which contains over-ride settings; change things there instead.
In the case of kernel configuration, everything can be configured
from /sys/<arch>/conf/<KERNELNAME>.

					Robert Huff