Re: glabel+gmirror (8.0-RC1 problem)

From: Oliver Lehmann <lehmann_at_ans-netz.de>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 21:04:38 +0200
Pawel Jakub Dawidek wrote:

> Yes. tunefs(8) updates only on-disk super-block, but the kernel holds
> super-block that was read before. Now when you do 'mount -rw /' the
> in-kernel super-block is stored to the disk, and there is nothing about
> your label in there, so it gets overwritten.

Ok this sounds familar to me - maybe I have read about this before ;)
What would be the prefered way to label the root partition and changing
fstab without entering the root partition at bootup manually at least
once? Is there a way to do so?

I noticed that even when I boot in multiuser, change fstab, then return
into single user mode and remount / read-only, the label cannot be set.
I need to boot directly into single user mode. Looks like writing the
label is denied when the partition was once mounted rw before - even if
it is actually mounted ro.

--
 Oliver Lehmann
  http://www.pofo.de/